The O’Bannon M. Cook FSDA Investment in the Future Scholarship Program was established to recognize and assist employees and immediate family members of employees of FSDA members who have demonstrated academic achievement, leadership skills and commitment to service, along with an interest in pursuing a career in the securities industry or business in general. There are two scholarships awarded each calendar year.
Each award is $2,000 per year paid to registrar at award recipients college immediately following issuance of the award. Award recipient will be responsible for providing FSDA with the mailing instructions of their school and student identification number. Disbursements are not contemplated for summer sessions.
- U.S. Citizen and current Florida resident
- Full-time undergraduate enrollment in 2-year or 4-year university program
- Employed by or immediate family member of FSDA member and/or participating as an intern at a member firm
- Interest in pursuing a career in the securities industry or business in general
- B Average (3.0/4.0)
- Leadership or active participation outside of school (e.g. civic, charitable or religious organization)
The O’Bannon M. Cook FSDA Investment in the Future Scholarship Program cover?
Scholarship proceeds may be applied, at the discretion of the Award Recipient, toward payment of tuition, books, fees, room and board, or other educational expenses incurred by the Recipient at the Recipient’s academic institution. No cash disbursement will be made. All disbursements will be made by the FSDA directly to the Recipient’s designated educational institution following receipt of an invoice reflecting an amount due and payable for Eligible Expenses.
Deadline to Apply - The application deadline is June 15th. Award recipients will be notified by July 30th.